What Motivates Me, also known as Why do I Do This?
![]() |
| Instagram-ready quotes |
For example, I might have a great idea for a project but, I get five weeks in and you know what? I work out it's a little bit naff and to fix that I've got to do a whole boat-load of work. I see that work stretching weeks ahead and I have two options; let the idea die a slow, painful, unrealised death or come up with a plan of attack, work on a new bit and try a different approach. Honestly I've been down both paths for different reasons, but the end result is you just have to put the work in, no shortcuts, no free passes. WORK!
3D modelling and animation have never been my strong points. I'd go as far as saying that when I've tried it in the past I've given up out of frustration (I made a sofa that's best described as something out of the PS1 Crash Bandicoot). So why am I doing it now? What's changed? Why do I do this?
The answer for me can be broken down into five components:
Task -> What do I have to do right now to feed into my milestoneMilestone -> What's my next 'checkpoint' on the road to project completionProject -> What's my next 'big thing' and why am I doing the 'big thing'Goal -> What's my goal herePurpose -
Looking at my actions through that lens gives me a sense of context. 3D modelling and animation is a milestone, a set of incredible skills to use. I'm a big design person and aesthetics are a big part of any media. If I look at game design it's clear to see how visuals are just such a huge part of that. I love design, world design, level design (they're different, trust me) and scene composition. I love that props can tell a story with one object; is the prop damaged? Is it lying on its side? Where is it in relation to the player? Things like this excite me and give me ideas to work with, but not always. So my purpose trickles down, into goal, project, milestone and task. When I'm not feeling

Comments
Post a Comment