Here are some useful links to 'free' programs:
![]() |
| From a pre- university UE 4 project- I''ve been playing too much WoW Classic... |
Here's a non-exhaustive list of some neat little resources/programs I've found over the years. Some might not be useful to you- but take a look, if you think there's anything I've missed let me know!
I'll update this list regularly with anything else I can find so feel free to bookmark or save it.
3D:
Maya (Autodesk):
- Sign up required plus valid student details
Substance:
-Sign up required plus valid student details
Blender (Nice and growing alternative to Maya):
2D:
GIMP (As an alternative to Photoshop):
Inkscape:
Pixel art tips and tricks (Massive gallery full of really useful 2D Pixel art tips)
Game Engines:
Unreal Engine (C++// Blueprints): https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/
Unity (C#): https://unity.com/
Godot (C#/C++ & more): https://godotengine.org/
Online learning resources:
https://80.lv/ - great pleace for discussions around level design and asset creation.
https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldofLevelDesign - General level design bits and pieces.
https://www.youtube.com/user/VirtusEdu - Focused on UE4.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewPPrice - Fantastic Blender tutorials.
https://www.udemy.com/ - fantastic resource for almost anything- courses regularly go 'on sale' so don't buy full price. Tutors are often resonsive.

Comments
Post a Comment