![]() |
| An attempt was made at texturing this bench using substance painter- it went ok! |
Texturing is a nightmare.
That's an overstatement but it's not easy- the basic 3D modeling I think I've got to grips with but UV mapping- Trying to actually get it to work? That's hard and requires me to think a little differently. I haven't really had to use 3D tools before and 'flattening' a model in a way that works is really tricky.
I've tried it with a couple of 'simple' models that I've put together - as you can see above. It's not fantastic- but for some reason I find substance painter much easier to work with, it makes 'sense' to me because I can 'paint' directly onto the model and see the changes reflected in the UV map via the UI; this has really helped me understand the process of texturing and mapping. Now my actualy model isn't quite ready for texturing at this point- this is more advanced preperation. So far though, I'm really happy with substance painter and the chances are that I will use it to really give my model a nice finish.
Now just to wrap my head around animation, that will be interesting.

Comments
Post a Comment