Maya is an- interesting tool. I've struggled with it, I've cursed its very existence on multiple occasions. I've had to dive into forums and question threads. I've had to really spend time getting to grips with it- even now knowing so much I feel like I'm using maybe 30-50% of the whole tool set. That either speaks to a large tool set- or alternatively a lack of knowledge on my part.It's tough to know where I'm at but am I enjoying it?
Well, that's a tricky one to awnser too! I'm en joying Maya when it works is the honest awnser. I remember right at the start of the semester I had to re-install windows just to get it to boot! Very frustrating- then I got into the tool set. It was a case of the first models I made where based on extruding everything I came into contact with- resulting in some very blocky models. That's fine, a part of the learning process I'd say. So far so good, but looking at the alternatives Blender is getting bigger and bigger but Maya is still the industry standard and a lot of the Maya skills are transferable- which is fantastic.
It's been a struggle- but I think it's been worthwhile.
Comments
Post a Comment